I've had previous experience with 3D printing and scanning. For this exercise I tried to do a vase first, angles where not passing the 45° degrees but sadly the Ultimaker Cura (software use to send files to machines) didn't allow my file to print correctly. Weird because it was a "closed poly-surface" but somehow it was also "non-manifold" which I guess it is the reason why it couldn't print or at least recognize the form.
I asked Mikel for help, but we couldn't find a way. So with such a hurry and an hour to supposedly get the project done I had to do something quick. I modeled a simpler vase (I know this is not the assignment as it should be, because it is not made " subtractively".
After getting the model and the file right. It was time to choose the material and choose the machine. I wanted to print in PLA with terracota. So first, I needed to heat the nozzle. For this I just had to go through the machine menu, set the temperature I wanted and wait until the material was hot enough to remove from the nozzle. After this, it was time to place the new material in.
After getting done with the presets I had to make sure the file in Ultimaker Cura had the same settings (especially the ones according to the material). I needed to change the temperature that heats nozzle to 220°C.
I know this model is not what the assignment is supposed to be, because this printing can be made subtractively. So here you can see model that I did a while ago. It has a few errors, as I didn't comply the 45° rule.